Join the Appalachian Psychoanalytic Society
We welcome licensed mental health professionals as full members. Graduate students in clinical or counseling psychology, or social work, may join as student members. Others interested in psychoanalysis may join as scholar members upon approval of the APS Board. No previous knowledge or specific training in psychoanalytic studies are necessary.
- Receive a reduced rate for APS Fall and Spring Conferences and other continuing education events, where we host speakers with local, national, and international reputations. Early Career and Graduate student members may attend Saturday Morning Seminars at no charge, with early online registration.
- Participate in programs for members only, many of which are without charge, including the Paul Lerner Scholars' Symposium.
- Be listed in the APS Membership Directory, with clinical practice information, including specialty areas.
- Involvement in a thoughtful professional community, enjoying conversation and networking opportunities within APS and through joint projects with other mental health organizations.
- As part of APS' commitment to Division 39, we are able to provide stipends to graduate students and early career professionals to attend the Division 39 Spring Meeting. In addition stipends may also be provided to help fund graduate student research that is informed by psychoanalytic theory, as well as stipends to attend other psychoanalytic professional conferences and meetings.
For information on this and how to contribute click GSAF.
To join, please select the appropriate membership category at the bottom of this page.
Payment may be made online (preferred) but those who wish to pay by check (written to APS) may mail their membership dues to:
Elaine Erickson, PhD
515 Booth Street
Knoxville, TN 37919
If you choose to pay by check, please complete the online renewal process (except the payment portion)
so that you will be added to our membership directory.
If you have questions, please contact APS President Heather Hirschfeld, PhD.